Joining our International WHM™ Group
There is a severe global dearth of Trigger Point practitioners with extensive knowledge of this therapy
... we hope to do our part to correct this.
We are currently a small international group dedicated to the study and implementation of effective Trigger Point methods, based on the seminal work of Drs. Travell and Simons.
William Huhn Method™ Bodyworkers, have spent many hours studying the Travell & Simons Trigger Point Manuals - the average study time is about 1000 hours.
In our opinion, it takes this much time and commitment in order to have a comprehensive understanding of Trigger Point Therapy.
Most WHM™ Bodyworkers have also worked professionally with other types of bodywork, physical therapy, massage, or have worked in the health or fitness profession.
We hope you will consider joining our dedicated Trigger Point group.
Prerequisites for WHM™ Level 1 Workshop: (NOTE: Level 1, is not a CE Workshop)
- above average knowledge of human anatomy
- know most of the muscles that are involved with Trigger Point Therapy... this includes their names, attachments/location, and function
- a good knowledge of skeletal system
- studied the Travell & Simons Trigger Point Manuals (minimum - 1st four chapters of Volume 1)
- studied the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, by Clair Davies
- ideally have attended at least 2 William Huhn Method™ 1-day workshops, or have attended the WHM™ (5-day) "Introduction to Trigger Points Hands-on Workshop - Upper Half of Body and Lower Extremities"
During this (prerequisite) study time, the prospective WHM™ bodyworker must also employ as much hands-on time as they can - treating friends and family, and/or their (informed and agreeable) clients.
Once they are comfortable with their understanding of Trigger Point Therapy, they then contact us (to apply) to register for the Level 1, alignment workshop.
William Huhn Method™ Trigger Point Certificate Levels:
Level 1 -
(William Huhn, will interview prospective WHM™ bodyworkers, prior to registering for the Level 1 workshop)
- above average knowledge of human anatomy
- know most of the muscles that are involved with Trigger Point... this includes their names, attachments/location, and function
- superior knowledge of bones - their names/location
- have studied the Travell & Simons Trigger Point Manuals
- have studied the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, by Clair Davies
- ideally have attended at least 2 William Huhn Method™ 1-day workshops, or have attended the WHM™ (5-day) "Introduction to Trigger Points; Hands-on Workshop - Upper Half of Body and Lower Extremities"
- have successfully completed the WHM™ Level 1 workshop (see workshop overview below)
Level 2 - Advanced
- holds a William Huhn Method™ - Level 1 Certificate of Achievement
- have logged over 500 hours employing Trigger Point therapy/bodywork as their primary treatment method
- have extensive knowledge of Travell & Simons Trigger Point manuals
- demonstrate comprehensive "client intake" methods
- have exceptional client care skills
- show extensive understanding of Trigger Point protocol
- and have demonstrated above average knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- will have successfully completed the Level 2 examination process
Level 3 - Instructor (for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who would eventually like to instruct WHM™ workshops)
- holds a current WHM™ - Level 2 Certificate of Achievement
- has logged at least 100 intern hours at WHM™ workshops
- have exceptional speaking/instructing skills
- employs Trigger Point methods as their primary method of treatment for their clients
- has successfully completed the WHM™ Instructor, examination process
- well organized and self-motivated
- is available to travel
Overview of Level 1 Workshop:
The William Huhn Method™ - Level 1, workshop is not designed to teach you Trigger Point Therapy... it's purpose is to "standardize" your already acquired skills and knowledge with a Trigger Point method that is becoming known around the world for it’s effectiveness in remedying/mitigating chronic soft-tissue pain.
- This alignment workshop covers interview/intake techniques, client care, assessment techniques, draping techniques, professional conduct, contraindications, post-treatment protocol, and more.
- This workshop consists of lecture, and hands-on work.
- During the workshop, you will be exposed to actual clients, who may have trigger point issues. You will demonstrate your ability to obtain pertinent information needed to effectively assess and treat these clients.
- You will also be required to complete 4 written tests. These tests will include questions on anatomy, trigger points, client issues, contraindications, and more. You must obtain a passing mark on all the tests, before you will receive your Certificate of Achievement.
As a WHM™ Bodyworker you will:
- Be listed in our website Directory, along with your website and/or contact information.
- Receive international exposure of your Trigger Point business.
- Have access to the WHM™ Members Only web-page (for discussions, support, and more).
- Attend most WHM™ workshops at a reduced rate.
- Be a part of a dedicated, passionate group of bodyworkers, who truly seek to help those with chronic soft-tissue pain or other (trigger point related) issues.
If you would like to inquire about joining us as a certified William Huhn Method™ bodyworker, or would like more information, please contact us.
We'd be happy to discuss your interest in Trigger Point Therapy!
Please contact William Huhn
William Huhn or William Huhn Method™ assumes no responsibility for any person who uses/employs Trigger Point techniques either as a William Huhn Method™ bodyworker, or as a prospective WHM™ bodyworker.
William Huhn or William Huhn Method™ is not a Trigger Point Therapy school, nor accredited institute, and makes no claim regarding such status.